- Dates:December 14, 2019
- Location:Children's Museum
- Times:From: 8:00 AM to 9:25 AM
- Address: 45 Forks Market Road Winnipeg, MB
- Phone: (204) 924-4003
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Winnipeg
- Ticket Info: https://childrensmuseum.com/event/explore-abilities-morning-2018-04-21
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, December 14, 2019 for an Explore-Abilities Morning – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
• Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
• Extra visual signage for safety
• A less crowded environment
• Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
• Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, and fidget toys) available upon request
• Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
In this very special Explore-Abilities Morning, experience the magic of the Eaton’s Fairytale Vignettes, and take a photo on your personal camera with our specially trained Sensitive Santa! This opportunity is available first come first served.
Note: The Children’s Museum opens to the general public at 9:30AM. Visitors are welcome to stay after this time, however lights, sounds, signage, and other Explore-Abilities elements/accommodations will return to regular operating levels at 9:30AM.
Registration is required for this event. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact Allie Alsop, Director of Education and Exhibits, at 204-924-4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Show Map