The Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG) is celebrating the big 100 and you're invited to the party! On Saturday, September 29, make your way to the WAG's iconic building for a full day and night of art-infused activities to kick-off their centennial year. Oh, and it's all FREE!
Birthday partyThe party starts with a family fun day. From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., you can enjoy:
- Performances by Al Simmons and magician Brian Glow.
- Art-making workshops, block printmaking, and creating your own slime!
- Games on the rooftop - ring and bean bag toss, ribbon sticks, hula hoops, fishing pong, parachutes.
- Birthday cupcakes!
- Face painting, clowns, jugglers, and stilt walkers.
- The 100-YEAR SKIP-OFF - 100 people skipping with 100 ropes, 100 skips at the same time! (Memorial Blvd at 3:30 p.m.)
Nuit BlancheOnce the birthday party is over, it's time for Nuit Blanche, an all-night contemporary art event! No sleep, only ART. From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. you can enjoy:
- The public opening of Winnipeg Now with an artist panel that includes Guy Maddin, Sarah Anne Johnson, Michael Dudeck, and Paul Butler.
- Live music and patio on the building ramp.
- Luminosity the Fashion Show on the rooftop at midnight.
- Performances, film screenings, projections and much, much more.