The Icelandic Festival of Manitoba "Islendingadagurinn" is one of the oldest continuous ethnic festival in North America. The Icelandic Festival takes place every August long weekend in Gimli, MB.
The Icelandic Festival of Manitoba is a volunteer organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining interest in Icelandic culture and heritage primarily through the presentation of an annual family oriented celebration.
Icelandic Festival hosts many free and family friendly activities including; midway, beach volleyball, Amma’s kitchen, folk festival, fine art show, sandcastle building contest, New Iceland historic and cultural exhibits, traditional program and parade.
- Air strip
- Association of Manitoba Museums
- Bed and Breakfast Manitoba
- Boat launch
- Free admission
- Full wheelchair access
- Groomed trails
- Hiking trails
- Ice Fishing
- Manitoba Association of Campgrounds and Parks
- Manitoba Rural Tourism Association
- Marked trails
- Municipal Heritage Property
- Provincial Park Facility
- Public Golf Course
- SNOMAN trail permit fees apply for Snowmobiles
- Wildlife/Nature Viewing