Coronavirus and Tourism in Manitoba
March 20, 2020
Dear Industry Partners,
This is a difficult time and the situation is continuing to change at a rapid pace. There is much uncertainty as to how the tourism industry will be affected. Travel Manitoba is committed to ensuring tourism is a vital contributor to Manitoba’s economy, and this will be more important than ever when things return to normal. But until that happens, Travel Manitoba is here to support our tourism industry through this unprecedented situation.
Stay up to date
- We will be sharing relevant information and updates for industry and tourism businesses owners in our daily Tourism Industry News (TI News) e-newsletter. If you’re not already subscribed, sign up here.
- Travel Manitoba is participating in regular calls with Destination Canada several times a week and we will be relying on their assembled team of experts to look at recovery signals by market. We will share this information with you when available. Destination Canada is enhancing the information on COVID-19 on its corporate website regularly, including links to where small and medium-sized businesses can go for support or information. You can also sign up for Destination Canada News.
- Look to your local chamber of commerce for additional support. The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce is providing links to practical resources on their website for their members and the business community.
- For up-to-date information on the situation in Manitoba, visit the Government of Manitoba’s COVID-19 information page.
- Travel Manitoba staff are working from home and are available by phone and email. This includes our Visitor Services team who is continuing to provide personalized travel counselling over the phone and by email. Shipments of guides, brochures and information kits have been put on hold; we will let you know when these activities resume. We do have staff available to accept deliveries if needed, please call Aaron at 204-296-7122.
- The situation is changing daily and we are committed to making the best decisions we can with the information we currently have. Based on this,we are reviewing our 2020/21 marketing plan, which we will share with you once finalized.
- We are in the process of reviewing all partnership opportunities to determine how to best respond to the current global presence of COVID-19. Our Partnership team will be reaching out to you with current and/or upcoming partnership opportunities to discuss possible options. This may include delaying campaigns, shifting target markets or offering alternate opportunities.
- Our paid marketing campaigns are still paused for the time being, but we will be resuming social media activity. All our messaging will acknowledge the situation we’re facing together; we will be sharing content that allows our audience to discover Manitoba from their homes and that encourages engagement while we all follow social distancing recommendations.
- We are looking to support our tourism partners through our resumed social media activities. If you have a virtual tour of your attraction or can provide a “behind-the-scenes” look at your operation, please tag us @travelmanitoba, or connect directly with Nisha Tuli, Senior Manager, Content Marketing at email@example.com.
Please continue to take care of yourselves and the important people in your lives. Your friends at Travel Manitoba are looking forward and we know you’ll be there alongside us when this has passed. We’ll work together to show the world that Manitoba is where Canada’s heart beats.
Travel Manitoba President & CEO