Seasonal Travel Counsellor (Emerson)
Travel Manitoba is looking for passionate Manitobans for seasonal employment at our Emerson Visitor Information Centre located on Highway 75 at the Canada/U.S. border. Our centre is open to the public year-round but we require additional staff from mid-May to September 2, 2019.
- Assist Canadian and international travellers by providing maps, travel brochures and personal services.
- Help visitors with any Manitoba tourism-related questions to ensure they have the best experience possible while they are in Manitoba.
- Make personalized recommendations about places to go and things to see and do while in Manitoba.
- All of our staff are proud to promote our beautiful province so a positive attitude is a MUST!
- Enthusiastic and comfortable interacting with the public, with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- An understanding of Manitoba’s tourism industry would be an asset.
- Bilingual language skills (English & French) would be an asset.
- Full-time and part-time seasonal positions available.
- Staff will be expected to work weekends and statutory holidays—these are the busiest times at our Visitor Centres.
- All staff will attend a training session in Winnipeg in mid-May (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
CLOSING DATE: Friday, March 22, 2019
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate "Emerson Visitor Centre" in your email.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.