Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Specialist will report to the Director, Strategy & Development and will work to build the capacity and overall competitiveness of Manitoba’s tourism sector by developing and executing development strategies and by engaging with individual entrepreneurs, communities and associations to enhance tourism attractions, experiences and services. The successful candidate will support the Director in ensuring that Travel Manitoba makes smart marketing and product development decisions based on research and market intelligence.
- Builds the business case and assesses ROI for strategic initiatives.
- Implements and advances strategic initiatives in coordination with associations, communities and entrepreneurs.
- Conducts research on tourism products in Manitoba and other jurisdictions to enhance Manitoba’s competitiveness and to develop new business opportunities.
- Works directly with entrepreneurs to assist in developing new and enhanced tourism attractions, experiences and services by providing business support (market intelligence, business planning, marketing advice) through business coaching, training, pathfinding and support services.
- Provides information to entrepreneurs about potential funding sources to invest in capital projects, marketing and business development initiatives, and provides assistance and advice in preparing funding proposals.
- Works jointly with communities and associations to advance destination development strategies that address key opportunities and challenges, identifies target consumers, and tracks key performance measures.
- Compiles and communicates market/competitive intelligence to staff and tourism industry stakeholders.
- Writes strategies, reports and briefing notes and prepares presentations for the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors in areas related to product development and strategic initiatives.
- Develops an annual work plan that aligns with corporate objectives and strategies.
- University degree or equivalent with a focus on business, marketing or related field.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the tourism industry, business, economic development and/or related field.
- Project management experience, including developing and meeting project milestones, timelines and goals.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Experience with business coaching and training an asset.
- Experience with implementing a tourism strategy, or destination development an asset.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Bilingualism (English & French) considered an asset.
Annual Salary: $59,053 - $77,710
Closing date: September 22, 2019
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Apply in writing to:
21 Forks Market Road
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4T7