Travel Counsellor (Emerson)
We are seeking a Travel Counsellor for a casual position based at the Travel Manitoba Visitor Information Centre located in Emerson, Manitoba.
- Providing vacation counselling and trip planning assistance by phone, on-line, and in-person.
- Supporting the overall corporate objective of strengthening relationships with tourism industry suppliers by collecting and providing accurate information.
- Ensuring that content on Travel Manitoba’s website is accurate for assigned tourism suppliers.
- Assisting with other projects/duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a strong sales acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as experience with databases would be beneficial.
- An understanding of Manitoba’s tourism industry would be an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evening and weekend shifts.
HOURLY RATE: $12.50
EXPECTED HOURS PER WEEK: Approximately 25
HOURS OF OPERATION: 9 A.M. - 6 P.M., 7 days a week
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.