I cannot find the app on the App Store.
The Manitoba Explorer app is not currently available on the iOS App Store, however it is iOS compatible and will work on your Apple device. The app is browser based so you can access it by entering https://manitobaexplorer.travelmanitoba.com/. Once you have created an account, you can add the site to your homescreen, similar to a regular app.
How do I add the app to the home screen on my Apple device?
To add to your home screen using Safari:
If you are using Chrome:
- copy the app URL (https://manitobaexplorer.trave...)open Short
- cuts app on your iOS device
- tap “+icon”
- tap Add Action
- Select Apps
- tap Chrome
- select “Open URLs in Chrome” and paste the URL, click "Done"
I cannot check in to a POI and I’m at the right location.
First, check the map pin to ensure you are at the right location and within the check-in radius (usually 100-200m).
If this doesn’t solve the issue, you might need to check the location permissions for the website (the app is web-based and operates like a website from your browser). iOS/Safari occasionally doesn’t send the prompt to allow access.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select an option:
- Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.
- Ask Next Time: This allows you to choose Always While Using App, Allow Once, or Don't Allow.
- While Using the App: Allows access to Location Services only when the app or one of its features is visible on screen. If an app is set to While Using the App, you might see your status bar turn blue with a message that an app is actively using your location.
- Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
You can also turn on “Precise Location” if you continue to have issues with a check-in.
How do I collect badges?
After finding a trail that you’d like to explore that best suits your needs, simply check in at the points of interest in the app as you travel. After completing a trail, you can snap a selfie and collect your digital badge.
How do I earn and receive an acheivement pin?
As you travel through Manitoba, check in at points of interest along every trail. Gather 25, 50 or 75 Points Of Interest to earn your Manitoba Achievement pins. Once you have reached an achievement level, and you submit your request, the appropriate pin will be mailed to your address.
How many trails are there?
Currently, there are 100 points of interest and 10 trails, but check back often since we will add new locations regularly.
What should I bring on my trip?
Before heading out on your Manitoba adventure, you should always check local weather conditions to properly prepare. We recommend bringing along the appropriate clothing, comfortable shoes, bug spray, sun block, snacks, a map and a flashlight.
What happens if I can’t submit my check-in?
If you can’t submit for any reason, take a photo or selfie of the location and send it to us when you’re in data or wifi range. Ensure it’s date stamped (don’t edit it in), when you send it in so that we can verify your check-in and add it to your profile!