Explore Northern Manitoba
3 Day Itinerary to Explore Northern Manitoba (Year Round)
BY CALM AIR
In The Pas, immerse yourself in the deep blue of Clearwater Lake or in the traditions of the North at a cultural festival. In Flin Flon, explore its mining history, its charming Main Street and the nearby provincial park for camping, hiking and more.
- The Pas
- Flin Flon
Flight 527 from Winnipeg to The Pas departing at 6:30 a.m. and landing at 7:50 a.m. After arriving, detour to Clearwater Lake and Sunset Beach for site seeing.
- Tour historic buildings in The Pas, including the Sam Waller Museum
- Tour Tolko paper mill
- Lunch at Good Thymes Restaurant, Dutch Drive Inn for burgers and fries, or Fat Boy's for fresh pickerel.
- 9-hole Halcrow Lake Golf Course
- Fishing or hunting
Dinner and overnight at a local hotel:
- Kikiwak Inn
- Wescanna Inn
- Tavi's Grill at Laverendrye Motel.
For visitors travelling with kids under Calm Air's Family Travel Plan, overnight at the local Super 8, equipped with a waterslide.
Evening walk on the 10 km walking/bike path along the Saskatchewan River.
- Hike the Clearwater Lake "caves". Picnic lunch.
- Workout at The Pas Wellness Centre
- Swim at the Winton Pool;
- Skate at the adjoining Roy H. Johnston Arena.
- Opasquia Indian Days in August, featuring colourful native dress and exciting skill competitions.
- Northern Manitoba Trapper's Festival in February. Celebrate the cultural heritage of the northern pioneer, including the World Champion Dog Race and King and Queen Trapper competitions.
Final night in The Pas enjoying the true friendly northern spirit of the local people.
Flight 527 from the The Pas to Flin Flon, departing at 8:15 a.m. and landing at 8:35 a.m. Enjoy aerial views of Lake Athapap.
- Bakers Narrows Provincial Park for hiking and site seeing. Picnic lunch and afternoon at Sally's Beach. Bunk in one of the park's yurts.
- Tour the town with stops at the statue of the town's namesake, fictional character Flintabbatey Flonatin, and the Flin Flon Station Museum.
- Stroll Main Street, past provincial flower displays to the neighbouring town of Crieghton, Saskatchewan.
- Dining options include at The Orange Toad, Mugsy's Restaurant or Crepes and Grapes.
- Overnight at Victoria Inn.
- Flin Flon Trout Festival in July, includes fishing derby, parades, fish fries and children`s rides.
Return flight from Flin Flon, Calm Air flight 519 at 5:45 p.m. back to Winnipeg.
For detailed itinerary, plus tour inclusions and exclusions, please visit Calm Air.