With the world around us looking so different, so will Festival du Voyageur 2021. Even though it will be different than years past, Festival du Voyageur is committed to bringing you the joie de vivre were used to feeling every February.
The 2021 edition will feature:
- A series of virtual concerts and events presented by Caisse Financial Group and Bell MTS
- FrenchCanadian meal kits that you can take home and enjoy with a virtual show
- Virtual versions of classic Festival du Voyageur contests like the Beard Growing Contest, Pea Soup Competition, Fiddling Contest and the Jigging Contest
- A series of educational vignettes on Métis culture in partnership with the Union nationale métisse Saint-Joseph du Manitoba
- A series of instructional videos showing Manitobans How to Festival from Home
- A modified Canada Life School Program that brings fur trade and Indigenous histories into schools with pre-made craft kits, virtual presentations from Fort Gibraltar and free educational activities for teachers and parents
In planning the 2021 edition, Festival du Voyageur is keeping public health guidelines and the health and well-being of festivalgoers, artists and team members at the forefront. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, so will the plans for Festival du Voyageur.