Summer with the Impressionists Tours
- Dates:June 22, 2018 - September 9, 2018 ( Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday )
- Location:Winnipeg Art Gallery
- Admission:Adult $19 • Senior (60+ years of age) $17 • Student (with valid student card) $17 • Child (5 years and under) FREE • Family (up to two adults and four children under 18) $53 • WAG member FREE
- Address: 300 Memorial Blvd. Winnipeg, MB
- Phone: (204) 786-6641
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Winnipeg
- Ticket Info: http://impress.wag.ca/visit
As part of the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s Summer with the Impressionists, join us for guided tours that give you the inside story of the outsiders who forever changed the art world. The Impressionists and their followers sparked a revolution in European art by painting spontaneously out-of-doors and ‘on the spot’ to capture a sense of the moment. Today they are some of the most beloved artists of all time. See paintings, drawings, and sculptures by key Impressionist artists, including Cassatt, Cézanne, Degas, Monet, Renoir, and many more.
Free with Gallery admission; Free for WAG members.
July 19, 11am • Stroller Tour with activities for babies and children, plus adult conversation
Aug 15, 12pm • Impressionism - A Revolution in Art with WAG Director & CEO Dr. Stephen Borys
Aug 29, 12pm • Science & Surface in Impressionist Art with University of Winnipeg art history professor Dr. Serena Keshavjee
Sept 5, 12pm • The Industrialized World, Impressionism & the Birth of Modern Art with Andrew Kear
See the full listing of Summer with the Impressionists events here.
Friday Night Tours
Tours begin at 7pm. Free with Gallery admission; Free for WAG members. Cash bar available!
Aug 17 • Berthe Morisot & Mary Cassatt with WAG Head of Education Rachel Baerg
Aug 31 • The Industrialized World, Impressionism & the Birth of Modern Art with WAG Chief Curator Andrew Kear