Panaches: Caribou and other Cervids of Canada (Exhibition)
- Dates:May 5, 2017 - September 5, 2017 ( Recurring daily )
- Location:Fort la Reine Museum
- City:Portage la Prairie
- Times:10:00 AM to 05:00 PM, Sundays: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Admission:$10.00 for adults; $8.00 for students & 60+; $5.00 for children; 4 and under FREE
- Address: 2652 Saskatchewan Ave. E Portage la Prairie, MB
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (204) 857-3259
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Pembina Valley Central Plains
Visitors to the Fort la Reine Museum will be able to explore the wondrous world of the iconic Woodland Caribou and other Cervidae all summer thanks to the new travelling exhibition, Panache: Caribous and other Cervids ofCanada. Cervidae, better known as moose, caribou (reindeer), wapiti, and deer, have been part of our history and ecology since time immemorial: and have inspired countless artists and are part of our living cultural heritage,especially for First Nation peoples. Through a state of the art interactive exhibit - discover their biology, their role in the ecosystem, and the dangers they face.
Don't miss Panache: Caribous and other Cervidae, your chance to discover the iconic royalty of our Canadian boreal forests.
This travelling exhibition is a Musée du Fjord production in collaboration with the Quebec Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks, Zoo sauvage de Saint-Félicien, Musée amérindien de Mashteuiatsh, as well as Gisèle,
Monique and Raynald Benoît, the Quebec Ministry of Culture and Communications, and the city of Saguenay with financial assistance from Canadian Heritage.
Admission to Panache is included in regular museum admission.