In the Footsteps of Vimy
- Dates:April 7, 2017 - November 30, 2017 ( Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday )
- Location:The Central Museum of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery (The RCA Museum)
- Times:From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission:Free admission all day - Remembrance Day
- Address: Building N-118, Patricia Road Shilo, MB
- Contact: Cheryl van der Raadt - Administrative Coordinator
- Phone: (204) 765-3000 Ext 4563
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Western
The RCA Museum (Royal Canadian Artillery Museum) in Shilo, Manitoba is running a new temporary exhibit entitled "In the Footsteps of Vimy". This exhibit commemorates the 100th anniversary of The Battle of Vimy, a battle that was significant in the recognition of Canada as an independent country. The exhibit runs until November 30th, 2017.
The RCA Museum is an award winning, national Artillery Museum, a Manitoba Star Attraction and one of the larges military museums in the country. Also, The Gun Park (outdoors) features 35 additional artillery pieces and military vehicles.
The museum is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. The museum will be open 7 days a week from the May long weekend until September 5th, at which time we go back to 5 days a week.
The Museum is wheelchair accessible and has plenty of R.V. parking in air conditioned comfort.