Fighting in Flanders: Gas. Mud. Memory. (Exhibition)
- Dates:May 8, 2017 - September 3, 2017 ( Recurring daily )
- Location:Fort la Reine Museum
- City:Portage la Prairie
- Times:10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Admission:$10.00 for adults; $8.00 for students & 60+; $5.00 for children; 4 and under FREE
- Address: 2652 Saskatchewan Ave. E Portage la Prairie, MB
- Contact: email@example.com
- Phone: (204) 857-3259
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Pembina Valley Central Plains
It was during the Second Battle of Ypres, that Lt. Col. John Alexander McCrae M.D. of Guelph Ontario wrote the legendary poem, "In Flanders Fields" , to honour those that had perished in the war.
This exhibition explores the experiences and challenges of Canadian soldiers while serving in Belgium during the first World War.
The exhibit highlights the adaptability of the solders and Belgian civilians, and explores the history and evolution of the commemoration of the war in Belgium and Canada.
The Fort la Reine Museum is pleased to present Fighting in Flanders - Gas. Mud. Memory., a travelling exhibition from the Canadian War Museum in partnership with the Memorial Museum Passcehendaele 1917, Belgium, and the support of the E. W. Bickle Foundation.
Admission to this exhibit is included in regular museum admission.