- Dates:March 23, 2019
- Location:Children's Museum
- Times:From: 08:00 AM to 09:25 AM
- Admission:Free of charge but registration is required
- Address: 45 Forks Market Road Winnipeg, MB
- Phone: (204) 924-4003
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Winnipeg
- Ticket Info: https://childrensmuseum.com/about-us/explore-abilities-access-program/explore-abilities-morning-registration
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, March 23, 2019 for an Explore-Abilities Morning – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., sunglasses, ear defenders, and fidget toys) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
- Special musical programming with Prelude Music
Note: The Children’s Museum opens to the general public at 9:30 AM. Visitors are welcome to stay after this time, however lights, sounds, signage, and other Explore-Abilities elements/accommodations will return to regular operating levels at 9:30 AM. Registration is required for this event. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact Erin McIntyre, Director of Education and Exhibits, at 204-924-4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.