Arthur Miller's The Crucible
- Dates:April 11, 2019 - April 13, 2019 ( Recurring daily )
- Location:Western Manitoba Centennial Auditorium
- Times:April 11 & April 12: 7:30 PM, April 13: 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
- Admission:Adult: $20.00, Senior & Student: $16.00. Child (12 and under): $12.00
- Address: 205 20th Street Brandon, MB
- Phone: 204-728-9510
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Western
Neelin Performing & Visual Arts Department proudly presents Arthur Miller's The Crucible.
We live in a time where it is acceptable to hide behind a keyboard and anonymously accuse others of anything we want. No evidence is needed for accusations, and this can utterly ruin one's reputation whether the claims are found to be true or not. This is not unlike our infamous Puritans who are well-known for the Salem Witch Trials. Whether its trolling, The Red Scare, or witch hunts, this play's relevancy will always be applicable in a world where people make false accusations in order to gain more power for themselves.
Set to modern musical selections by artists such as Kesha, Pink, Rag'N'Bone Man and Ed Sheeran, we are hoping the message of Miller's classic play is extended through this popular music.