📍 Treaty 1
How long has it been since you explored a neighbourhood other than your own? Add some adventure into your weekend as we guide you through some of Winnipeg's best neighbourhoods.
Osborne Village has long been known for its food, shopping and hip neighbourhood. Change is inevitable - and while many businesses and restaurants have come and gone through the years, the strip is being revitalized with a host of great new boutiques and eateries. Check out the spots included on this list or view a complete directory on the Osborne Village Biz.
Shopping: clothing, housewares and trinkets
Where else in Winnipeg can you shop Japanese specialty items, plants, clothing, posters, housewares and more? An afternoon spent in Osborne Village may leave your wallet feeling a bit light, but it's also one of the best areas in the city to find unique fashions and nicknacks.
• Wild Planet is an Osborne Village institution, selling band tees and posters. If you went through an alternative phase in your youth (or maybe it wasn't just a phase), you likely know it well.
• Verde Plant Design will satisfy all enthusiastic plant parents with a beautiful selection of plants, pottery and nicknacks.
• Serving Winnipeg for over 40 years, The Happy Cooker remains the go-to place for pro kitchenware.
• Located just around the corner from the main strip, Shakti sells beads, copper wares, incense, teas and more.
• Shop Take Care has its second location on Osborne, with a selection of gently used (and totally unique) clothing.
• Looking for more ways to shop for specialty teas and coffee? Stop into The Canister and be amazed at the selection.
• New on the block is Terra Brasilis, Winnipeg's first Brazilian market.
• Unique Bunny sells skincare, makeup, stationary and other items imported from Japan and Korea. You can spend quite a bit of time in here looking at products you won't find anywhere else - like unusual flavours of KitKats and all the Pokemon-themed items you could dream of.
• Rooster and Silver Lotus are sister stores with high-quality jewelry, clothing and leather shoes. Also in the family is Small Mercies, a fairly new addition to the street with a gorgeous interior that you have to see to believe. The space holds a coffee shop and a fantastic selection of beautiful jewelry, floral arrangements and housewares.
• Out of the Blue is an Osborne Village staple, with gorgeous women's fashions, jewelry and housewares.
• Located above Little Sister Coffee Maker, Style Bar pulls together great collection of all the trendiest women's fashions.
Dining: Vietnamese, sushi, pizza and chocolate dreams
A day spent in Osborne Village also means a day spent eating great food - with options for every price point or craving.
• Arriving in the morning? Get your coffee fix at Little Sister Coffee Maker or Small Mercies. For the health conscious, Green Carrot is where you'll find nutritious juices made with quality ingredients.
• The newly opened Pho Hoang has one of the nicest interiors on the block, and great food to go with the beautiful atmosphere. The spring roll vermicelli is a must try!
• Having a hard time picking a restaurant for your family? Cornerstone has everything from burgers and salads to pork belly and butter chicken on the menu.
• Carlo's & Murphy's is a classic spot for margaritas and Mexican food year-round.
• Satiate your sweet tooth at the legendary Baked Expectations (which has some delicious sandwiches and fries, too).
• Pick up cupcakes and macarons from small-batch bakery, Pinky's Bakeshop.
• Have all your chocolate dreams come true at the quaint Chocoberry Dessert House - where you can indulge in chocolate fondues, waffles and the most decadent hot chocolate.
Drinks and escape rooms
Known for its lively nightlife scene, Osborne Village is often bustling on a Friday or Saturday night.
• Not a club or bar person? Enjoy a challenging (and exciting) night out with friends at Codebreakers Escape Rooms - with five theme rooms to choose from.
• The Toad in the Hole is an Osborne institution. Grab a pint here and unwind in a classic pub atmosphere.