What is your favourite way to view Manitoba? Is it kayaking on the lake, taking a roadtrip to the north, canoeing across one of our many beautiful lakes, dining with a sunset view, biking with friends, or participating in a parade? Here are 10 things to do this week in Manitoba!
Get ready to kayak with Kendrick's Outdoor Adventures at FortWhyte Alive this summer! You can choose from a variety of water activities such as pedal boats, stand up paddle boards, or solo and tandem kayaks! Your rental includes admission to FortWhyte Alive. After your water adventure, enjoy some fun in the sun! Peruse the grounds, walk the trails, and stop by Buffalo Stone Cafe for a bite to eat.
2. Take a walk in the Wheat City
There's a lot to explore beneath the Wheat City's quiet, agrarian facade. Brandon is Manitoba's second largest city, and thus, very worthy of a weekend getaway for under-the-radar gems that'll leave you wanting more. Here are 10 reasons why you need to plan a visit to Brandon... and then another one, and then another one...!
Whether you like kayaking, canoeing, swimming or just floating on a tube - lake life is synonymous with summer in Manitoba! Here are just five you must visit this year.
1. Located just north of The Pas, Clearwater Lake Provincial Park is truly one of Manitoba’s gems. The lake’s crystal clear waters and its turquoise hue are mesmerizing! @discoverthepasocn
2. On the northern side of Lake Manitoba, take in the impressive cliffs that tower over the lake below at Steep Rock. The pebbled shores are a great place to set up a beach chair and enjoy the pristine blue waters.
3. As Manitoba’s deepest lake, West Hawk Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park is a must-dip this summer. Formed by a meteorite crashing into the Earth, the lake is 111 metres deep and also a hotspot for scuba divers. @explorethewhiteshell
4. Located in Riding Mountain National Park, Clear Lake is the deep, crystal-clear body of water that is the heart of this beautiful destination. Visit the bustling townsite of Wasagaming for shopping and eats, and then spend time at the main beach or at Deep Bay to get your swimming fix. @clearlakecountry
5. Grand Beach on Lake Winnipeg certainly has a special place in the hearts of Manitobans and with good reason. It’s one of the top beach destinations during the summertime - with a busy boardwalk offering eateries and ice cream shops. Ask regulars what brings them to Grand Beach and you’ll hear all about its beautiful white sands! @beachesof59
4. get fired up for friday night pizza night
Moon Gate Guest House | Whitemouth
Take a road trip to Whitemouth for friday night pizza night at Moon Gate Guest House! Pick up or stay to eat their hand crafted pizza made from scratch using local and organic ingredients. A new screened in sunset patio awaits! Take your taste buds to Whitemouth for scenery and savoury eats. The owners of Moon Gate can't wait to connect with you!
Savour tasty treats and eats while soaking up the sun in the solarium at the Lighthouse Restaurant in beautiful Gull Harbour! Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a view! Pair your visit with a beautiful visit to the Hecla and then stop by the solarium for dinner. We recommend trying their pickerel tacos or coconut shrimp! After all, Hecla just may be one of the most serene places in Manitoba!
6. celebrate equality
Winnipeg Pride Festival May 26 - Jun 4
The Pride Day rally and parade starts on Sunday at the Manitoba Legislative Building reaching and finishing at the Festival at The Forks. Pride Day will feature stage headliners Zaki Ibrahim (main stage) and Al Simmons with special guests Deb & Jolean Beef (kids stage). Have fun in the sun while celebrating equality, love, and the pride community!
7. take a trek to the north
The Journey to Churchill road trip takes you up the eastern side of Lake Manitoba, north to Thompson and then to the polar bear capital of the world as you travel through Treaty 1, 2 and 5 territories! Take one part of the itinerary for a day trip, or combine them for a multi-day trip! It's time to take a trek to the north.
8. Spend a weekend in winnipeg
Various Locations | Winnipeg
This summer, choose to explore Manitoba's capital city in way you've never done before. Here's a weekend itinerary full of all those experiences that any solid mini-vacay needs - a little retail therapy, a dose of nature, a sprinkle of history, and, of course, some play time. Spend a weekend in Winnipeg!
9. trade in the ball game for the hall of fame
Manitoba Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum | Morden June 3
This year the Manitoba Baseball Hall of Fame will hold their induction banquet on Saturday, June 3! 8 individuals and 4 teams will be included this year! Visit their website for more information on the inductees and the hall of fame itself.
10. explore southern manitoba by bike
St. Pierre Jolys, St. Claude, Somerset, Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes
Discover the wonders of southern Manitoba on a thrilling biking adventure! Embark on two captivating self-guided bike tours designed by Bonjour Manitoba to cater to riders of all skill levels, from leisurely peddlers to avid enthusiasts.
About The Author
Hey there, I'm Desiree! I've lived in Manitoba my whole life. I love a great slice of pizza, photography and exploring our beautiful province. I'm passionate about storytelling. Have an idea for adventure? Let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org