Tourism Week is an annual initiative of the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) to bring attention to the importance of tourism in our communities and to our economy. Travel Manitoba is inviting the public to help us celebrate Tourism Week May 29-June 4 with the following activities at our Visitor Information Centre at The Forks:
- Tourism’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt, May 29, 10 am-2 pm. Teams are invited to race around The Forks on a journey to some of the area’s most important historical and cultural sites. Everyone who solves all the clues and completes the challenges will be entered to win some great prizes including passes to the Assiniboine Park Zoo, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, and a family pass for Splash Dash Tours.
- Best Green Screen Photo Contest, May 29-June 5. Visitors who take a photo in front of the Green Screen at the Visitor Information Centre and opt to receive the photo by email will automatically be entered to win!
- Tourism Winnipeg Mascot Invasion at the Winnipeg Airport, June 2, 2-4 pm. Travel Manitoba’s friendly polar bear Toba will join other Manitoba mascots for this Tourism Winnipeg publicity event.
- KidsFest Popup, June 4, 12-4 pm. Festivals are a major tourism draw and visitors will get a sneak peak at this year’s Kidsfest.
- WAVE Artists in Residence, June 5, 12-4 pm. Participating artists from the WAVE Artist Tour will be creating art on site at the Visitor Information Centre.