The provincial government and Travel Manitoba are pleased to welcome five new members to the Board of Directors.
- Paul Conchatre, has owned and operated Birdtail Waterfowl, a full service waterfowl and fly fishing lodge in Manitoba, for 15 years and is the current President of the Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association.
- Eric Irwin, Mayor of Dauphin, Manitoba and a long time lawyer, is also a strong community booster and serves as president of the Dauphin Countryfest board and the Dauphin Co-op board.
- Jim Ludlow, President & CEO of True North Sports and Entertainment Ltd leads True North and its related companies - the MTS Centre, Winnipeg Jets, and MTS Iceplex.
- Peggy May, CEO of Southport Airport and Commercial Properties, was also the Director of Marketing and Commercial Partnerships with the Winnipeg Airports Authority for almost 10 years.
- Michele McKenzie, Principal of McKenzie Strategies, provides business development, strategy and governance expertise and for 10 years was the President & CEO of the Canadian Tourism Commission, the country's national tourism marketing organization.
"These are all remarkable and accomplished individuals, said Bob Sparrow, Chair of Travel Manitoba's Board ofDirectors. "Their experience and areas of expertise will be a huge asset to our Board."
Members of Travel Manitoba's Board of Directors are appointed by Manitoba's Lieutenant Governor in Council. They bring a cross section of professional skills and core competencies to their positions, including research, legal, technology, finance and media.
"The Boards of all of Manitoba's Crown corporations play such an important role in their effective and efficient operation", said Ron Lemieux, Minister of Tourism, Culture, Heritage, Sport and Consumer Protection. "I'm especially pleased that these recognized individuals will be part of the Travel Manitoba Board. Their advice, analysis and management oversight is critical to Travel Manitoba achieving its desired results."