Step back in time to the 19th century fur trade at the oldest stone fur trading post still intact in North America at Lower Fort Garry
Costumed interpreters will take you back to the mid-1800s as they re-enact events of the early days of this Hudson's Bay Company post. Stone walls encircle the Fort's enclosure, the largest group of original 19th century fur trade buildings in Canada.
Summer hours (Canada Day weekend to Labour Day)
Wednesdays through Mondays:
- Open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Enjoy a self-guided visit and meet costumed staff throughout the historic grounds.
- Enjoy daily activities and special events.
- Enjoy a stroll through the historic grounds at no charge.
- Please note the historic buildings are not open.
For more information, visit Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site of Canada