A Day in Thompson (Year Round)
BY CALM AIR
Thompson is the Mining City of Manitoba, the location of Calm Air's head office and the perfect base for exploring Manitoba's scenic north. Hike the trail at Pisew Falls or drop in a line at Paint Lake. Experience Thompson's hospitality and easy walkability.
Flight 503 from Winnipeg to Thompson, departing at 7:10 a.m. and landing at 9:00 a.m.
After arriving in Thompson, travel to Pisew Falls. Follow the half kilometre boardwalk to the viewing platform or hike the 22 km trail to the waterfall's highest points.
- Paint Lake for a picnic. Visit the marina for boat and canoe rentals. Campsites or cabin rentals available for overnight.
- Visit the Thompson Zoo, the Heritage North Museum and tour the town's original wolf sculptures and 10-storey high wolf mural.
- Dining options include Mystery Lake Motor Hotel's dining room or Popeye's.
- Evening entertainment at Club Trappers.
- Overnight at a Thompson hotel.
Breakfast at Grapes Restaurant. Explore the city along the circular Millennium Trail. See the King Miner Statue, MacLean Park, Norplex Pool, Waterski Club and Thompson Regional Community Centre.
Return to Winnipeg on flight 503 at 9:30am back to Winnipeg.
For detailed itinerary, plus tour inclusions and exclusions, please visithttp://calmair.com/.