The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
- Dates:July 3, 2014 - January 30, 2016
- Location:Winnipeg Art Gallery
- Times:Tuesday-Thursday, Saturday-Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Friday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Admission:Member free; Adult $12.00; Senior (60+) $8.00; Student $8.00; Family (up to 2 adults and 4 children under 18) $28.00; Children 4 and under free
- Address: 300 Memorial Blvd. WINNIPEG, MB
- Phone: 204-786-6641
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. Meanwhile, in the northern colonies and territories of North America, an artistic tradition slowly began to emerge. This exhibition explores this exciting period in art history.
Image credit: George Romney, Portrait of a Man in Blue Coat, c. 1780. Collection of the Winnipeg Art Gallery.