September Guided Tour: Workhorses of the North
- Dates:September 1, 2016 - September 29, 2016 ( Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday )
- Location:Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada
- Times:From: 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Admission:Adult: $7.50 / Seniors & Students: $5.00 / Children (ages 3-12): $3.00 / Family rate (2 adults / 3 children): $18.00
- Address: Hangar T2, 958 Ferry Road Winnipeg, MB
- Phone: (204) 786-5503
- Email:Send Email
- Website:Visit Website
- Region: Winnipeg
While many of today's aircraft are sleek and sophisticated, many of Canada's early aircraft had no such allure. The workhorses of history worked hard for a living. Our collection includes several historically significant aircraft that were flown hard, bringing cargo of all shapes and sizes to remote northern communities when no roads or runways existed.
Some aircraft were retrieved from the bottoms of lakes or the sides of mountains and have been painstakingly restored to showroom condition. Others are on display in their retirement splendor - dented, patched and pranged, souvenirs of a career in Canada's relentless terrain.
Join us in September for a guided tour as we pay tribute to the aviation workhorses of the north. Tours are free with admission. Tours are always free for members. Tours are held at 2:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Note: No tour on Thursday, September 8, 2016.