The winning streak continues for our Manitoba, Canada's Heart...Beats brand, this time taking home the top honours in the Campaign of the Year, Print, and Broadcast categories at the Advertising Association of Winnipeg's Signature Awards.
The campaign, created by McKim Communications Group, was nominated for nine awards in total. In addition to the wins, it also was the runner-up in the original sound design and banner ad categories.
"We're really proud to have our new brand recognized by the professionals in Winnipeg's advertising community," said Colin Ferguson, Travel Manitoba's President and CEO. "McKim created such stand out pieces that not only are winning awards here and abroad, but are influencing opinions and decisions in our target markets - the true test of the strength of our brand."
Surveys conducted by Probe Research show the campaign has:
- Raised the awareness of Manitoba tourism by 20% in Calgary
- Improved our target market's opinion of Manitoba as a potential travel destination by 11%
- Improved almost 60% of air travellers' opinions of Manitoba as a travel destination
- Influenced 38% of air travellers to seek out more information about Manitoba travel
- Had a positive influence on 76% of air travellers who have decided to spend their vacation in Manitoba
Other notable awards in 2015:
- Gold in Advertising Campaign for Manitoba, Canada's Heart...Beats at WorldMediaFestival | TOURISM, based out of Hamburg, Germany
- Gold in Corporate Print category for our 2013-2014 Annual Report at WorldMediaFestival | TOURISM
- Silver in Media Kit category for The Dish: Manitoba Nuggets to Chew On at WorldMediaFestival | TOURISM
- Winner of Best Website at the Canadian eTourism Awards
- Winner of Best Mobile App for Master Angler App at the Canadian eTourism Awards